Saturday, January 13, 2007

Deve and Dal



Karen Dalton is sharp and bluesy and folksy and makes a burrow in your brain. It’s made a lot of Devendra Banhart’s music fall into place for me. I feel like his little yellow spider laughing at the snow. Isn't he beautiful though?

In other news - have discovered lovely Foobar of the tiny footprint - it plays FLAC files and also other good things. It's all about the functionality y'all. (Look Shobhit, I even talk like Jessica Simpson! Or is it Britney? Or someone. Someone says y'all)

I'm empty and aching and I don't know why

Sunday edit: I want to live in a small Mogwai-house with windows made of nut chocolate and Cake and a bed on which I shall sit with a blanket of Arctic Monkeys thrown around my shoulders. Meanwhile, the hot Banhart and the hot Ben (Kweller) shall gently croon to me while my feet will lie in a pool of Sigur Ros. Far away, Yoshimi will battle the Pink Robots.

I want to start a music blog, a book blog and a food blog. Life can be so interesting sometimes.

Seriously, Foobar rocks.



11 comments:

jairaj said...

Thank you. Who said that all are like this? I'm a sub as well!

jairaj said...

:) I do. However neat the copy is, the story gets 'fingered'. Probably its my age...to young to have a style...

jairaj said...

Thank you. :) Its good to have you reading it. You're def lot cooler than the most here in del.

jairaj said...

and you're young, you said an editor? very impressive...

jairaj said...

cheers! ;)

smohan said...

I likes the color change
and i likes the admission of guilt !
I don't likes this gruffy looking boy but

Anonymous said...

Aaah Shobhit, again the irony passes you by. What is gruffy? I only know scruffy. You're just jealous, because he rides on waves of hotness, WAVES.
DV

Nikhil said...

Shobhut you poptun, Devendra Banhart is the high captain of Angband. How can you not know that?

smohan said...

i knows nothing....and gruffy scruffy was mishtake i admit
and if this God of Aurangabad rides these waves that Nikhil speaks of , how come it he maintains the 'haven't bathed in the new century' look ?

smohan said...

oh sorry DV and not Nikhil speaks of the waves !!
Nonetheless point still valid

iz said...

ooooh! Can I live in the cake house too?