Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Whee!

Yay! I bought new music today!
For those who are interested: The Clash - London Calling (because it's iconic)
Sigur Ros - Takk (because I LOVE its cover design and CD and its ink blotty feel and its rough texture)
Telepopmusik - Angel Milk (because its soothing and jumpy at the same time)
Blur - Parklife (because I had the cassette and loved it long years ago and also because I can't resist Damon Albarn in any form really, not even if he was whipped in a blender and served with eggnog).
I mention eggnog because it's nearly Christmas and I LIKE Christmas and lights and wine-y cake and carols even, unless of course they are played ad nauseum, which they are in the US and its truly nauseating. But I don't like eggnog. I don't like egg anything. Is eggnog Christmassy? Probably not; I don't know why I think the two are connected.
Tomorrow I shall go look at presents with people and then not buy them any. I am entitled to such because I figure that since I am in depression and misery (because the boy has abandoned his trip), I can drag all my friends into the morass of my mind as well. Fun things I did today - chatted with bester S, ate tofu (I LOVE) and bought new music of course. Now I go.

4 comments:

jairaj said...

Clash is brilliaaaaantttt!

Anonymous said...

who is bester S ? and I like the one Clash song I have heard ....
"darling you gotta let me know - should i stay or should i go"
And i really liked the making Christmas miserable for others idea.Not so much because of the reasons behind it but simply because it is always FUN to make others miserable

iz said...

Eggnog is very Christmassy I'm afraid. But you're forgiven because at the end of the day, it's friggin raw egg!
BTW, Reebok does colourful socks or try your local lingerie chap who sells you undies from bangkok at twice the cost.

whitelight said...

the guy at Andheri Planet M keeps talking about Telepopmusik. have not heard.

btw, other three are awesome. IMO, Blur is an iconic band too. have you heard Think Tank. awesome album. fucking awesome album.