Saturday, December 2, 2006

You just try walking in my shoes, you'll stumble in my footsteps

i took my new shoes out for a walk today and they bit like two little bitches. Or bastards. (I am nothing if not gender appropriate). Scabs have risen around the toes and near my ankle and I am in a great fright - I retired the old shoes and now am left with these horrors. Most might say that nothing could be simpler, I could merely step out to buy another pair, but most would be wrong. There is no-one more dismal than I at shoe-shopping (I do however, profess a fondness for boots) except my grandmother who once pronounced a pair of OSHO chappals to be too heavy for her. Besides I have feet like pomfrets - broad and long.
These are the shoes (or something like it at some odd German website) in brown with blue trimming. I was too lazy to take pictures. They're school-shoes I think, only cooler. How does one avoid shoebites anyway?

Moving on - have big, scary assignment at work. I hope it works out alright because I am going to ask for leave soon to go to Jodhpur in February. Also, I will get a raise which I need because I want new books and new music - right now, I am bumming Economist magazines off my dad, Orhan Pamuks off my artsy new friend, Murakami from my lovely old-new Japan-o-phile friend and umm...old jeans from my best friend. I think people give me their clothes out of pity because I buy so few. Where can I get colourful socks from by the way? May cadge a few from a dear friend who has blown me off one too many times and may feel guilty enough to buy me a present. F, if you're reading this *wink wink*.

17 comments:

jairaj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jairaj said...

:)

Anonymous said...

You freak! Buy your own socks na
F

whitelight said...

The latest issue of the Economist is killer (as always). The write-up on Friedman....awesome.

whitelight said...

listen to Return to the sea song by song. you will get hooked after a couple of listens.

btw, any good music in the stores?

Anonymous said...

why oh why did u delete that comment ?
what is all this censorship i say

Anonymous said...

The comment was deleted at the behest of the author Shobhan. Do not rue this. The time may come when I have to extend the same courtesy to you.

riddhi said...

ill get u colorful socks!i insist!

Scritch said...

socks are our friends.

Anonymous said...

Foul I shall cry till u reveal why the comment was deleted...this sort of high-handed crushing of our civil rights will not be tolerated ! No Sir

Devilled said...

Whitelight, I can't access your blog for some reason :(

whitelight said...

there is no problem. try again.

whitelight said...

you should download as quickly as possible.

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 180 dollars on every site. But finally I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros are about 230 bucks on every page. But completely I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are around 310 dollars on every page. But for all I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact model. The prices as regards the sneakers are all over 170 bucks on every page. But completely I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?