Sunday, November 26, 2006

If Mondays are dark green, Sunday afternoons are golden.

So I finished the Inheritance of Loss finally and such is the power of her writing, that I only felt bad for the dog Mutt. Dogs are good people. That's not only because they have flattish tops of heads or because their bums shake enthusiastically when they wag their tails, but of course it helps.
In other news - the cousins have taken over the house. One who is 3 years younger than I am, and earns thrice as much *dejection*. But she got me a Velvet Underground CD.
Meanwhile, my head bobs to the Warhols and Sandi Thom's song that plays on a sometime whim on VH1. Isn't Sonic Youth super-awesome?

5 comments:

Johnny said...

Never heard of Sonic Youth, and no havent even started on those yet, have been busy with training and games. Will have to start soon...

Scritch said...

since I havent read the inheritance of loss [it sounded incredibly poncy] are you dissing it or praising it?

whitelight said...

Thanks.

Sonic Youth kick ass. Planet M had almost all the Sonic Youth albums few months back (was a surprise though). Chucked my old CD-R's and bought some originals.

By the way which Velvets album are you listening to?

Anonymous said...

Guh. I am dissing, Scritch, dissing like mad. Kiran Desai's writing is all over the place.

jairaj said...

Dogs are better than some people I know. Velvet U, sweet! I love their stuff, Pale Blue Eyes. Don't know about Sonic Youth, but i'll go with what Whitelight says. Cheers!